We, GP Batteries (UK) Ltd (“GP Batteries”), are the operator of the 100% PeakPower UK Webshop as presented within the https://uk.gpbatteries.com website.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. Any information you, as user of the website, provide is received, stored and managed by us in line with our Privacy and Security policies detailed below which are in line with European and UK regulation. It is the policy of GP Batteries to comply with applicable rules governing data protection, and particularly General Data Protection Regulation no. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (known as “GDPR”) and, on a subsidiary basis, all the national legal rules enacted pursuant to that regulation.
Personal data is stored securely in GP Batteries’ systems and retained once the User is registered with any one of the GP Batteries websites. Only authorized staff members have the right to access the data, and GP Batteries will not release the personal data to third parties without the website users’ permission except as set out in the “Personal Information Collection Statement”.
GP Batteries may, from time to time, send direct marketing materials promoting products and services to website users based on their personal data provided, but opt-out arrangement will be made upon receipt of written request by contacting us at the addresses appearing in the section headed “For More Information ” below.
Our official company address is:
100% PeakPower C/O GP Batteries (UK) Limited
Chelston Business Park
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
GP Batteries’ products and services are not generally aimed at children. In the limited circumstances where we may collect and use personal information about children under 16, for example to develop an educational resource, we will comply with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
You can surf our website without indicating your name or other personal data. We only save the name of your internet service provider, the webpage from which you visit our homepage and the name of the requested file (please see cookie info). This information is only analysed for statistical reasons and serves for the improvement of our offers. You as a user remain completely anonymous.
Personal data is only collected if you enter it for the transaction between you and us or at the creation of a customer account or for the registration to our email newsletter. This data is only used for the settlement of the contract and the execution of your enquiries. After the complete settlement of the contract and the complete payment of the goods, your data is saved considering storage periods in terms of commercial and tax legislation. After expiration of this period the data is deleted.
If you respond to a promotion or contest, we ask your name, address and email address. We use this information to perform the action, to disclose the winner (s), and to measure the response to our marketing campaigns.
After the contract settlement, your email address is only used for the advertising purposes in form our newsletter if you had agreed to receive our electronic newsletter. You are able to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link in the newsletter or you can inform us of this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our Customer Service team. We will immediately delete your email address after receiving such notification.
The personal details you provide when registering with us as a client can be viewed and altered at any time by you, in the ‘Login’ section of the website.
We only share your information in these circumstances: with agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies transport/logistics companies and our third party customer services provider), if and when our company is ever sold or purchased by another company, or with outside research agencies for research about our own goods and services. We will never pass your data on to a third party for marketing purposes.
If you choose or are provided with a password you must treat such information as confidential and you are responsible for any activities that occur under your account. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to keep your password or other account information confidential.
Purpose and use of personal data
Personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- compiling statistics about habits and preference of website users to analyze site usage and further development;
- collecting personal data for identity verification and updating contact lists for correspondence;
- contacting website users regarding administrative notices and communications;
- dealing with your enquiries and fulfilling your requests;
- performing our contract with you in relation to our products or services;
100% PeakPower may use your personal data in the following ways:
- share information with 100% PeakPower’ subsidiaries and associated companies;
- share information with third party service providers for normal operation of 100% PeakPower website and relevant marketing activities as described below;
- register, verify and manage your account on our website;
- processing your purchase orders and contacting you regarding your purchase orders if necessary, as well as arranging delivery of the purchased goods;
- copying, distributing, publishing, sharing or otherwise exploiting your user-generated contents on our website or other social media platforms, in whole or in part, through website, other social media accounts or any other marketing campaigns of GP Batteries;
- providing product warranty and maintenance services and customer and/or technical support to you;
- communicating with you about your account and sending you information about our products and services, as well as features of our website;
- operating, monitoring, customizing, enhancing, maintaining, optimizing and/or improving our website as well as our goods and/or services offered and customizing, providing and improving our services and your browsing experience on our website;
- obtaining various types of demographics information from our website, which we use to operate, maintain and/or improve our website;
- reviewing and customizing the advertising and content of our website, as well as promotional materials;
- reviewing, improving and strengthening our marketing strategies, including without limitation to formulating and/or conducting market analysis and research, such as interviews and focus groups;
- administering contests, competitions and promotions including informing you of a prize you have won;
- managing and responding to your comments and inquiries submitted to us;
- communicating with you about changes to our policies or terms and conditions;
- detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate our terms and conditions, policies or may be illegal;
- compiling, processing and generating statistics and crash reports for the Website, and performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of our customers as well as website users of our website;
- compiling, maintaining and updating our database of account holders and website users on our website;
- our customer relationship management (such as conducting consumer satisfaction surveys) as well as other internal management or administrative purposes in relation to website.
Data transfer internationally
The areas in which these recipients are located will vary from time to time, but include the America, Europe, Asia, and other countries where 100% PeakPower has a presence or uses contractors.
Access to your Information
You have the right to view and correct the data we hold on you. The Data controller is Sam Avery who can be contacted at email@example.com
You also have the right to stop the collection of this information on you and delete any information we hold on you. If you have any further questions concerning the collection, execution or usage of your personal data, do not hesitate to contact us. The same applies for correction desires concerning your personal data and for revocation of agreed consents. For our contact details see the imprint page.
At 100% PeakPower Webshop we take your online security very seriously. Full details of how we protect the information you provide us are given below.
Our website uses the latest technologies to provide a safe, secure site for electronic commerce transactions, including secure socket layer (SSL) technology for payment transactions. SSL is a method for establishing a link between one computer and another safe one. Banks also use these links for online banking. You will recognise an SSL link by the little padlock which appears on the lower right in the menu bar of your browser and at the address bar which begins with "https" instead of "http". In this case the "S" stands for "secure".
E-mail correspondence is not a secure means of communication as it is a free format text and cannot be encrypted. Although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alterations, because of the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of your information provided to us over the internet and cannot be held responsible for this. ".
Your data protection rights
100% PeakPower would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every User is entitled to the following:
Right of access – You shall have the right to obtain from 100% PeakPower confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information, including but not limited to:-
- the purpose of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
Right to restriction of processing – You shall have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, provided the processing concerned is based on consent.
Right to rectification – You shall have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
Right to erasure - the right to ask for your personal data to be deleted in certain circumstances;
Right to restriction of processing - The right to object to, to ask for restrictions on, the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
Right to data portability - You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where:-
- the processing is based on consent; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means;
Right to object – You shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her which is based on point (e) or (f) of GDPR Article 6(1), including profiling based on those provisions.
- The controller shall no longer process the personal data unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
Right to complaint – You shall have the right to file a complaint with the national authority (details of which are provided below) if you think that one or more of your rights have been infringed by GP Batteries;